One of my favorite times of day is early morning on a weekend.
WHAT? AM I CRAZY?!? What about sleeping in??
Oh yes I hear your questions and concerns, but its true! Sunday is the single day during our entire week that neither Alex nor I have an alarm going off. So while part of me wishes I could be asleep in bed with him, quite frankly I’d be bored to tears. Instead, I get up and I have a few moments of peace and calm to myself. No need to do the dishes or run the vacuum. No need to scrub or clean anything…just me, my book (or in this case laptop) and a nice cup of coffee. Ahhh bliss!
Plus, when you think about it I can get SO MUCH DONE early in the morning. I can grocery shop and there will be no on there. I LOVE THAT! I can go take photos, because hey….early morning light is great for that. In fact, that’s what I’d be doing right now except for one teeny tiny detail. Its so wet outside I think I might drown first. Right now its pure humidity, but oh the rain is sitting over us. If only it would drop.
Other fun things to do early in the morning:
1. exercise …. BEFORE you lose your drive.
2. right a list of the to-do’s for the day, that way you won’t forget anything and you feel very accomplished
3. relax (like I am!) before your day gets crazy
4. take a moment for self reflection
5. get those pesky chores done that are quiet and that are usually much more fun the lower the amount of people around
6. balance your checkbook – ok maybe not so much fun, but if you do this chore in the morning you’ll know what you actually have to spend rather than doing it at the end of the day and going oh no about what you did spend.
What about you? I know I’m probably in the rarity here, what with my love of getting up at 6 a.m. or earlier on a weekend let alone the day the alarm doesn’t go off. Still, I’m curious…what is your favorite time to get up and why?