Per Hummy this is the recipe she uses and has gotten great results from over the years. It’s also evidently the recipe that is on the Libby’s Pumpkin Pie puree mix.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Evaporated Milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 1 cup of Almond chunks
- Whipped cream (optional)
POUR into pie shell.
BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Immediately sprinkle on layer of almonds. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.